Fighting when you're hungry....
I've already learned this rule way before we were even married, but I am terrible at it! Wish there was a button that could be pushed to remind me "Wait to talk about what you're frustrated with AFTER you eat your dinner!" We got into a really silly argument (which I started of course, Chris really doesn't start anything he's way chill about everything. The go with the flow kinda guy) that once we had eaten I was able to reflect at what I had said and realized none of it was super important, and the important parts could have been addressed way differently. Grateful though when we do argue it's not for very long and we don't stay mad.
So, I made dinner last night. Chicken with green beans and pears for a nice sweet fruit on the side. If you know me at all you'll know I really can't cook. The chicken was pretty dried out, the green beans were only good because I just had to put them in a pot and let them cook a little, and the pears well I guess they weren't my fault, they were well just awful. The can says they're good until September, but really they weren't. (and yes of 2011). But, I made pudding all by myself for I think it was the first time. I've made it as a kid, but I really just watched. It turned out great. Chris said it was a little runny, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I had to use skim milk instead of 2%. Still tasted great and it was the perfect sweetness to curb my sweet tooth:) Did I say it was Chocolate? Yum! Regardless of the fact that the dinner didn't turn out as I would have liked, we're still on the right track for a healthier lifestyle:) Just need more practice is all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home