Waiting for Fall
We have been in school for three weeks already! I can't believe. The summer went by way to fast for us, but we managed to get some good family visits in and enjoy what we could. Chris had school through he summer so we didn't get to do as much as I would have like, but gotta get that done first.
The month of August was a busy time for us. More so just busy with work for me. Which is wonderful! I am still loving my job and learning more about massage each day. I added Shiatsu to my menu and it is starting to pick up where I work pretty nicely. I can't wait to do more with it. For those of you who don't know what Shiatsu is, it is a Japanese modality. It's a form of soft-tissue manipulation by thumbs, fingers, and palms, without the use of instruments, mechanical or otherwise, to apply pressure to the human skin to correct internal malfunctioning, promote and maintain health, and affect specific diseases. It is amazing stuff! I love giving and receiving. Unfortunately it's been a while since I received it because I'm the only one that does it at work. There is another Therapist in town that does Zen Shiatsu that I am thinking of going to, we'll see. I am always hesitant to go to someone new that I don't know much about because I don't want to get a crappy massage feel like I've wasted my time and money. Being a therapist myself it's hard to find someone you like because you know how its' supposed to feel and work. We'll see though I am longing for Shiatsu. It is so relaxing and just re-balances you in a way you don't always get from regular massage.
Chris, poor guy, is ready to be done with Bloomington already and move on to the next step, Doctoral program! I feel for him. We have really enjoyed the friends we've made and my job is fantastic here, but we are both ready to move on to the next chapter. I have been working on focusing on the here and now, but those dreams of bigger and better things keep distracting me!:) He is doing really well in school and man how I LOVE to hear him play! He is SO GOOD!!! I am so happy to have married a musician. Though I do miss the practicing at home. He can't practice at our apartment because it bothers our neighbors. Understandably, even though I love listening to him practice I can see why our neighbors don't. They just don't know how to appreciate good music when they hear it!;)
Our next step is hopefully University of Texas-Austin. There is a program Chris is really interested in and unfortunately UT-Austin is the only one in the nation that has it! So, crossing fingers we get in. Chris is applying this fall, then he has to audition, and we'll find out in mid-March to early April if he got in or not. Mean while we are waiting for fall to roll in.
It has been so hot lately, except for this past weekend it was in the low to mid-70s which is perfect! I can't wait for the colder weather that's for sure. Not sure I'm going to do well in TX heat, but what can you do?:) I'm hoping we get some good snow here in IN this year. Last year was terrible, hardly any snow, and if it did snow it was only about an inch and it melted the minute the sun came up. Anyway, I am starting to put up my fall decorations and can't wait for the holidays to come!
Well, I need to sign off. Hope you enjoyed a little up date. I will hopefully be able to post again soon of our Summer fun with weddings, women's retreat, and family fun later. Till then make it a great day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home